We’ve said this before, but care before and after your clients’ wax appointments is just as important as their experience during. Saying goodbye to pain, bumps, and post-wax breakouts is easy if as a professional you invest the time in offering them some of these before and after waxing tips.
- Shower, but not right before: Showering before can be beneficial, but make sure you remind your clients to do it at least two hours before their appointment for best results.
- Skip the lotions: One of the biggest reminders you can give your clients is to not apply any lotions, self-tanners, body sprays, or deodorants prior to their visit.
- Let it grow: For the best results, encourage your clients to allow a minimum of 2-3 weeks or at least ¼ inch of hair growth.
- Exfoliate: 24 hours before with a mild exfoliator…even better? Recommend using a body exfoliation kit that includes an all-natural body wash and exfoliating gloves for a soothing treatment that will leave their skin refreshed.
- Avoid Heat: Remind them to schedule their wax at least two days prior to being in the sun, and stay away from tanning beds, hot tubs or saunas right before their appointment.
- Keep cool: Tell them to stay away from the heat after their appointments too. Since waxing removes a layer of dead skin cells, sun or heat can be painful. Also, remind them not to exercise for two hours after their appointment.
- Stay clear: Of bumps and post wax-breakouts with a post-wax skincare acne gel that will keep the hair follicle clear. Recommend products with all-natural ingredients such as organic sulfur to suppress bacteria, and allantoin which jumpstarts the skin’s healing process.
- Stay regular: Recommend regular waxing sessions…at least every four to five weeks to allow time for recovery and growth. Explain how regular waxing can reduce pain, allowing for a better experience long-term.