We all know combination skin can be tricky, and clients often turn to you as a professional for help managing their mix of oily and dry skin. At-home skincare routines that are professionally recommended can get them going in the right direction, as can regular in spa treatments. Let’s talk a bit about finding that balance and how to care for combination skin effectively.
UNDERSTANDING COMBO SKIN
Understanding what you are dealing with is half the battle. Spend some time explaining to your clients what is really going on with their combination skin. Some tips include:
- Combo skin has larger pores covering 1/3 of the face, usually in the T-zone area.
- The goal is to balance oil while hydrating, strengthening, and soothing skin with larger pores that tends to be more reactive.
- Focus on products that use all-natural ingredients such as green tea, grapefruit, lemongrass, and bergamot to control, soothe, and balance.
- Controlling excess sebum is key with any combination skincare routine. Sebum can cause acne, oily skin, and chronic itchiness and skin irritation.
- Educate on a combination skincare routine that is easy to follow and uses products designed to produce results just for combo skin.
COMBINATION SKIN FACIALS
Ready to supercharge your combo skin facial treatments? We have just the mask. All-natural and made with super-foods such as kale, spinach, and microalgae, Tuel’s new Balance Mask will nourish the skin at the cellular level to support the delicate balance of the skin’s microbiome. Combined with kaolin clay to absorb excess oil and detoxify the skin, you’ll love the results and so will your clients. Want to take things to the next level? Try some of our own Tuel concoctions using this new mask:
- Combine Balance Mask and Lift Up Firming Mask for a rejuvenating, balancing treatment. Skin comes away feeling like silk.
- Mix Detox Clay Mask and Balance Mask for soothing dry skin with acne.
- Inflamed skin calms down quickly by mixing Balance Mask and Super Soothe
Combination skin is something that not only can be managed, but through the proper at-home skincare routine along with regular professional treatments can keep the skin healthy, firm, and supple.